Wednesday 23 November 2011

Thing 23: Reflection - What next?

I've enjoyed the cpd23 Things course. I got a little behind during September because that's the busiest time of year in my workplace but have managed to get back on track. It felt like there was real community spirit with people posting supportive and friendly comments on each other's blogs. People were prepared to share experiences and knowledge - tentatively at first and then it grew to be the norm.

I like the fact that the course has made me try new tools - not just tried a tool once but encouraged me to reflect on it and to keep trialling something until I'm comfortable with how to use it. I've used some of the tools at work and also at home plus I've passed on the info to others and they now use some of the tools for their own purposes.

Reviewing my previous blog posts has helped me create a personal development plan (pdp). This was a good way to make sure that all the things I said I'd do or would like to do in the blog posts are collated and put into action. Hopefully this will help with my revalidation activities. Writing a pdp is a little like the preliminary forms you fill in for an appraisal - what have I done, did it go well, what do I need to do now, how am I going to achieve the goals - no bad thing to help you focus on the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment