Monday 14 November 2011

Thing 19: Catch up week on integrating 'things'

So far, so good....

Blogs - as well as updating my own for 23Things I have been busy reading other peoples' blogs using the Google Reader widget on iGoogle. I need to be brave and start blogging about non-23Things stuff.

Twitter - still using this to keep up to date with library news. Have been following some of the #savelibraries stuff. Had one tweet retweeted to about 800 people! I remain selective about who I follow as I use this for professional and some personal stuff (although the personal friends are also librarians).

iGoogle - using this at work to read personal email (don't tell anyone!) and use iGoogle to read library-related blogs. Has made keeping up to date with new blog posts much easier and is starting to become a useful daily habit.

Evernote - really like this. Have access at home and work but use it mainly for 'notes to self'' so that I can transfer them between the two locations. Beats using flimsy post-it notes. Proving very useful in terms of compiling a Xmas list! Introduced my Dad to Evernote who is using it as a diary with pictures and voice notes - puts my use of Evernote to shame.

Screen capture tools - I continue to experiment with these. I've been using Screenr for a while but I'm trying out Jing to see how it compares.

Prezi - ouch! Still working on this one but it hurts my head. I think I'm too linear in my outlook and I'm finding it difficult to design or follow the freestyle route that Prezi allows. I need more time and thought to get to grips with this one. Looks like a great tool and exciting alternative to PowerPoint but I haven't quite got it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment