Tuesday 2 August 2011

Thing 9: Evernote

Previously I'd looked at Evernote in the App store but hadn't really understood what to use it for. Now I get it and I love it. I've downloaded it on to my laptop, my iPad and amazingly managed to download it on to the work pc without needing the elusive 'Administrator password'.

Thinking it was going to be a bit fiddly, I watched the online video to work out how to use it but it's actually quite simple. I made my first note in it within seconds and then added an audio clip and a photo to the note. It is a list makers dream - I've can have notebooks of lists accompanied by pictures, links and voice recordings! Further exploration found I could drag pictures from other folders and 'clip' webpages. I decided that the first web item I clipped should be my first ever blog post. The last thing I tried out yesterday was integrating it with my Twitter account - when I send a tweet if I add @myEN to the end of it, it automatically saves it as a note in Evernote. I wouldn't do this with all my tweets but I could keep an archive of all my professional tweets and let the other silly ones rot away in my Twitter account.

I'm going to use Evernote as a diary for reflective notes, an archive of all things me and a list maker extraordinaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment