Monday 20 June 2011

Thing 1: Blogs and blogging.

It was easy to set up the blog - the hardest thing was thinking of a name for the blog! I'm taking part in cpd23 because I've been meaning to do some of the things listed on the course but haven't managed to sit down and get on with trying out new tools. Now I have a reason to start blogging and use different tools. It's nice to know other people are trying the same tools and trying to think about what to write for their first post.

I work in Kent as a subject librarian for health and social care. I'm one of those annoying people that enjoys their job and I've just registered to revalidate my Chartership so cpd23 will fit nicely into my professional development plans. I've been working in libraries for a decade - I've been a graduate trainee, library assistant, senior library assistant, library manager..... but in my current role I really enjoy connecting with students on a daily basis. I'm hoping cpd23 will equip me with new skills that I can use to reach out to the students and take the info to them rather than them having to come to the library. I've recently bought an iPad and am hoping to use all these new web tools on the iPad rather than simply looking at the John Lewis website and playing solitaire!

No comments:

Post a Comment