Monday 18 July 2011

Thing 5: Reflective practice

I like the Greenaway model of Do-Plan-Review. I already reflect on the user education sessions I deliver at work. I find it helps to highlight the good and bad parts of the sessions and it makes me record changes that I might incorporate the next time I deliver the session.  I'm also using CILIPs CPD audit sheet for my Chartership Revalidation log. This simple form makes me think about what I have learned from an activity and how I'm going to apply or why I'm not going to apply it in the workplace.

Reflecting on the last few weeks of cpd23, I think the tools I've used so far have taken me outside my comfort zone such as making my postings/tweets public and making comments on other sites. I still need to improve my online presence and I think it's something that will build slowly over the duration of the course. In terms of using the tools at work there's not been much progress (mainly because we are not encouraged too but with a new VLE due in 2012 there is scope for more web tools). I'm finding it easy and convenient to use GoogleReader to keep up to date with other blog posts. Opening my tweets up on Twitter hasn't resulted in anything bad in fact I've gathered two new followers - one of which I exchanged tweets with on the iPad2 and e-book app Overdrive.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't yet been brave enough to open up my tweets to the world. I play with the idea every so often but never dare - any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through all my tweets and removed the silly ones and only then did I go public! Since then I've tweeted less because I've realised people are actually looking at them and I'm aware of my online profile. Of course it's worth remembering that Google cache pages so some of my silly tweets are probably still out there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete