Friday 12 October 2012

Inductions: going, going...

I'm in to the penulitmate week now - phew!

This week rattled by at the speed of sound.

1. Workshop on behalf of another colleague. Had a student who said she didn't 'do' university computers and proceeded to do the workshop using her iPad - how I marvelled (and fumed with jealousy) as I tried to get the mouse to work on my university computer.

2. Student tutorial - discussions about a set of articles and whether they were quantitative/qualitative/mixed methods.

3. The second workshop for my Foundation Degree students - refresher of last week; moving on to advanced searching and creating a search strategy for their assignment task.

4. A workshop for the Masters group - think I changed a few students' views about databases - they seemed to agree by the end that there are some full text articles there but you just have to click!

5. Staff tutorial on using reference management software for a project/keeping track of module reading lists.

6. A meeting about a project by three local universities - we're looking at student experience at one of our shared sites.

7. Lecture for new distance learning students who were here on their block placement - a bit wide-eyed and nervous but seemed happier as soon as I said all my slides would be on their VLE.

Next week is my last week of induction-type activities - I am looking forward to it - a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment